As you get older, exercise less, gain weight and lose muscle, until you realize that your flat stomach days are sadly over …. and that you have what is called abdominal fat.
But be careful because belly fat can be different from that of legs, thighs, hips or arms and have serious health consequences!
It is therefore very important to understand what abdominal fat is, what causes it and how to get rid of it.
And most importantly, is the Best Elliptical Under 500 effective in losing belly and shedding abdominal fat?
We will explain everything and give you valuable tips on how to burn belly fat.
What is abdominal fat?
Belly fat or abdominal fat is not just a cosmetic concern but a real health problem because it can impact the body and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
There are two very different types of belly fat to distinguish:
- Subcutaneous fat, which is located just under the skin. It is felt by pinching the skin on the stomach or thighs. The love handles on the hips are part of the subcutaneous fat.
- Visceral fat, commonly called abdominal fat. It is the accumulation of fat or fatty tissue deeper under the skin, around the organs of the abdomen, liver, pancreas, kidneys and intestines. Visceral fat is solid and cannot be pinched like subcutaneous fat.
Subcutaneous fat is not dangerous to health, unlike visceral fat, which increases the risk of various diseases and health problems.
What are the risks associated with visceral fat?
Visceral fat is dangerous to health because it changes hormonal functions such as mood, appetite and weight regulation.
It can increase the level of “bad cholesterol” and blood pressure. Finally, it makes the body less sensitive to insulin, thereby increasing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Visceral fat increases the risk of the following diseases and health problems:
- – type 2 diabetes
- – obesity
- – hypertension
- – heart disease
- – breast cancer
- – colorectal cancer
- – depression
- – Alzheimer’s disease
How do you know if you have visceral fat?
Many people don’t know if they have visceral fat. If you have a prominent belly, it is probably because you store visceral fat.
To be sure, you will need an MRI exam, but it is quite expensive.
A reliable and easier way to find out if you have visceral fat is to measure your waist circumference.
How to measure the waist circumference?
To do this, you need a meter. Place the tape measure above the navel and below the rib cage, wrap around the waist and measure the waist without pulling the belly.
Waist circumference must be less than
– 88 cm for women
– 102 cm for men
If your waist circumference is larger than these values, you are probably storing visceral fat.
Visceral fat is not a problem to be taken lightly: it must be lost and therefore it must be reduced immediately!
First of all, it is necessary to understand the causes of the accumulation of visceral fat in order to effectively eliminate it and prevent it from returning.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Fat is essential and even vital. It is a source of energy for our body. We need it to live.
On the other hand, excess fat can be dangerous to health, increase the risk of many diseases, and promote health problems.
It is therefore a question of finding the right balance!
What are the causes of visceral fat?
Weight gain and excess fat are mainly due to a positive (or caloric) energy balance , i.e. when energy intake exceeds energy expenditure.
However, visceral fat is different from other types of fat and also has very specific factors such as stress, hormones and genes.
Here are the factors that cause abdominal visceral fat:
- A diet that is too high in fat and sugar. The absorbed fats are too large to be consumed and are therefore stored in the fat cells. The fatter someone has, the more visceral fat they will have too.
- A sedentary lifestyle and a lack of physical activity. WHO recommends doing at least 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate aerobic physical activity or 1 hour and 15 minutes of vigorous physical activity per week. This is the minimum requirement! When you do sports and exercise, your body burns calories and fat. Conversely, when the level of physical activity is insufficient, the body tends to accumulate fat.
- Stress appears to have a major impact on visceral fat. The researchers found that the stress hormone cortisol was responsible for an increase in visceral fat levels.
- Consuming alcohol in large quantities can promote the accumulation of deep belly fat.
- Hormones, especially fluctuations in hormone levels, play a role in the storage of fat cells. Estrogen and progesterone (female sex hormones) promote fat storage. Certain periods of life such as menopause , characterized by hormonal changes, are associated with changes in the distribution of body fat. Studies have shown that abdominal fat, particularly visceral fat, was more pronounced in postmenopausal women.
- Genetics: The researchers observed variations in abdominal visceral fat levels among the population and sought to find out to what extent visceral fat was linked to genetic components.
When you consume more calories than your body needs and don’t exercise enough to burn those extra calories, then your body accumulates fat.
If, on top of that, you are stressed, then the accumulated fat will likely become visceral fat.
To lose belly fat , you should essentially change your diet and increase your physical activity level!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Recent studies tend to show that cigarette smoking could have an impact on the accumulation of belly fat.
The link between smoking and increased visceral fat is still being studied.
It could be linked to the effects of nicotine, which promotes the release of the stress hormone cortisol.
Does the exercise bike help you lose belly fat?
Exercise and sport are absolutely essential for burning calories and fat and for toning muscles.
They certainly belong to a healthy lifestyle and should be part of any diet, as sport and exercise are one of the two variables, if not the most important, of the energy balance equation (calorie expenditure).
Cycling is very effective in burning calories (300 to 700 kcal per hour) and fat as it is possible to alternate between cardio exercises (aerobic zone) and HIIT workouts (anaerobic zone) and thus burn belly fat faster.
In addition, the Best Elliptical Machines For Seniors has great benefits on your body , such as helping to tone your legs, thighs and buttocks, and it also has amazing effects on your brain , such as stress reduction , which is one of the factors that cause belly fat.
The good news is that belly fat is the easiest fat to burn , unlike subcutaneous fat, which is harder to get rid of.
Exercising on an exercise bike is a very effective way to reduce belly fat. However, to get these benefits, you need to train regularly.
You should also combine regular exercise with a healthy and balanced diet in order to prevent belly fat. If you do this, you can lose weight and burn belly fat!
Exercise Bike or Treadmill for Burning Belly Fat: Which Is Most Efficient? Each fitness machine offers cardio training and allows you to train in the aerobic zone (70-80% of the maximum heart rate), in which fat is burned, and are therefore very good for weight loss in the stomach area.
However, it is much easier to do interval workouts (HIIT) on the elliptical bike than on the treadmill.
For this reason, if your goal is to lose belly fat, we recommend that you use the home exercise bike.
The most effective way to lose belly fat is to have a healthy lifestyle that combines regular exercise and a balanced diet.
In this way it is possible to eliminate abdominal fat effectively and permanently.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Unfortunately, we cannot target areas where we would like to lose fat.
Targeted exercises like pumps or abs will not remove abdominal fat, but will only strengthen the abs and stomach muscles.
When you exercise, your body burns calories and fat everywhere, not in one specific area.
The Best Elliptical For The Body, like the stationary bike, is one of the most effective ways to shed fat and lose weight because it offers a complete and demanding cardio workout that works the abs, legs, thighs, arms and stomach.
What training program on an elliptical bike to eliminate belly fat?
Our tip: alternative cardio training with interval training (HIIT).
This is the most effective way to fight visceral fat.
Here are 2 training programs that you can follow: the first to lose 0.5 kg in a month and the second a bit more challenging to lose 1 kg in a month.
You can start with the first for 4-6 weeks and then move on to the second.
Training program 1
- Cardio workout on Tuesday (30 min)
- HIIT workout on Thursday (25 min)
- Cardio workout on Sunday (45 min)
Training program 2
- Cardio workout on Mondays (30-45 min)
- HIIT workout on Tuesdays and Thursdays (25 min)
- Cardio training on Saturdays (45 to 60 min)
Our 10 tips for fighting visceral stomach fat:
1. Work out on Best Elliptical For Bad Hip 2 or 3 times a week for 30 or 45 minutes. Regular exercise not only burns calories and fat, it also helps reduce stress, a major factor in the accumulation of belly fat
2. Walk every day for 30-40 minutes.
3. Set realistic goals for yourself in the very short term. For example: “Today I will do 45 minutes of elliptical cycling”, and then start again the next day or two days later with another challenge. The same goes for food or nutrition! This method is extremely effective in maintaining motivation.
4. Reduce fat intake (which contributes to visceral fat). Avoid chips, French fries, quick fried meals, muffins and industrial pies as well as ham and cheese.
5. Do not consume other added sugars. Drink your sugar-free coffee or tea. You will see, it only takes a few days to get rid of this habit. Also avoid drinking sugary drinks or soft drinks that contain tons of added sugar.
6. Limit the consumption of alcohol. Alcohol is one of the factors responsible for increasing visceral fat.
7. Avoid snacks or treats between meals. Replace the chocolate bars with oranges or apples. 1 bar of chocolate (250 kcal) contains 12 g of fat, 60 times more than an apple (90 kcal) or an orange (60 kcal)!
8. Eat fruits and vegetables. An orange or banana for breakfast with a cup of green tea or hot water mixed with thyme, for example.
9. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep negatively affects mood, stimulates appetite and hunger. The amount of sleep required depends on everyone, but it is generally necessary to sleep for at least 8 hours a night.
10. Persevere! This is the key to success.